Sunday

Modern Mixed Media Map

I am so excited to have finally finished this project that I have been working on for longer than I want to admit!  It's a mixed media U.S. Map inspired by the Modern Art master, Jasper Johns


To create my own piece of modern art for my living room, I purchased a piece of Cavallini wrapping paper to use as my template. I pulled pages that contained blue and green images from magazines to use to collage. I originally collaged both the country and the oceans with the magazine clippings, but was unhappy with the outcome (go figure). I decided to use two shades of blue acrylic paint to fill in the ocean to allow for greater contrast. I am tempted to go back and add some city names to it, but I am afraid I might overwork it.



What did you make this weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you, so please feel free to leave a comment. If you enjoyed this post and are interested in keeping up with my blog, consider following me with Google friend connect or by email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...