Tuesday

Obsessed with the Benefits of Grapefruit!

One of my resolutions for the New Year is to continue to "Get in Shape, Girl"! And since it's no longer the 1980s, I need something a little more hardcore than bangle bracelets and rhythm ribbons to help me drop the pounds!

                                         

Thanks to smart people over at Good Housekeeping and Livestrong.com, I've decided to add grapefruits to my diet to help increase the effectiveness of my regular exercise routine.


Apparently, these wonderful fruits are great for speeding up metabolism and reducing the body's insulin levels which encourages the conversion of calories into energy rather than fat. They are also packed with nutrients and vitamin C, vitamin A, potassium, folate and thiamin which are also important for a healthy diet. 

Grapefruits are a little high maintenance to eat, so luckily the same benefits are also available from a glass of their juice! My goal is to eat one or drink a glass of their juice before my daily meals to help shed some pounds this winter. 

Grapefruit is also beneficial for the skin not to mention it smells awesome too! The Body Shop carries two  products that help to provide essential fatty acids to repair skin’s moisture barrier and to keep skin smooth! Check them out. 

Pink Grapefruit Body Scrub

Pink Grapefruit Body Butter

What are your resolutions this year? 

Do you have any diet secrets you can share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you, so please feel free to leave a comment. If you enjoyed this post and are interested in keeping up with my blog, consider following me with Google friend connect or by email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...