Monday

The Wall Street Journal and Pumpkin Pancakes


On the weekend, my husband and I love to make each other brunch and to read the Wall Street Journal together. I know we are total nerds, but we both just love to keep on top of current events and lifestyle trends.  The Saturday edition is always very interesting, it covers a broad range of topics and my eyes are always  opened up to new things. This week I learned all about  Bordeauxs and how a family in Florida planned to build their own version of Versailles, but due to the current credit crisis they are on the brink of foreclosure. 


Anyways enough about that, back to the yummy stuff --


It was my turn to come up with something, so I did some research into Pumpkin Pancakes. I had recently been to Austin and had some delicious Gingerbread Pancakes at Kerbey Lane, so I thought I'd try my hand at homemade pancakes. They didn't look perfect, but they sure tasted good! I think the secret is a really hot griddle, but I lacked the patience to let it get hot enough. The last picture is one of my best batches ( it took me a few tries before they were photo worthy)! 




Pumpkin Spice Pancakes 

1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 cup pure pumpkin
1 1/3 cups 2% milk
4 eggs yolks
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl. Combine milk, pumpkin, eggs, melted butter and vanilla in another bowl. Oil a nonstick griddle and heat on medium heat. Pour batter onto griddle. Cook until bubbles form, about 1 minute per side.



My craft post is coming soon! The drying process took a little longer then expected!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you, so please feel free to leave a comment. If you enjoyed this post and are interested in keeping up with my blog, consider following me with Google friend connect or by email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...