Monday

A Sweet and Magical Novel



I just finished Garden Spells a novel by Sarah Addison Allen and it was such a sweet read, I just had to share a little about it.


This is a fairy tale like story about two sisters that reconnect with help from some of their family's magical abilities. The family home shelters a garden with enchanted flowers and a special tree that bears apples that tell the futures of the people that eat them.  In addition to to being a magical story, there's also a little romance and a lot of small town charm involved.

I just love books with a little enchantment that allow you to suspend reality a little, but otherwise take place in a regular setting -- this genre is considered Magical Realism.  

Other novels I've read in this category include: 

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel 
   
Chocolat by Joanne Harris 


What's your favorite genre of books? And what books are you reading these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you, so please feel free to leave a comment. If you enjoyed this post and are interested in keeping up with my blog, consider following me with Google friend connect or by email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...