Sunday

Decorating Our Nest

I've seen faux robin's eggs in nests all around the blogosphere and was inspired to make a few of my own.  So this weekend, instead of sugary marshmallowy candies, we now have a more permanent sign of Spring to display.


To create these eggs,  I used Crayola air dry modeling clay, Apple Barrel acrylic paint-cloudless, and Martha Stewart permanent pens and markers-sepia. I found a cute little nest at my local craft store and used a Fiskars punch to fill it with some leaves. Now all I need is way to display it. Any thoughts or suggestions?
 

Our home also gained a new piece of furniture this weekend. Target had pieces from their Avington collection on sale and the console table really peaked my interest. It received great ratings on the website, so I had to go check it out in the store. It turned out to be exactly what Hubbs and I  have been looking for. It was great quality for the price, so it got to come home with us! Hubbs put it together in a flash and I had a blast accessorizing it this afternoon.  The only thing I might do is change the pull. I now realize that I also need something to hang above it. Any ideas?


"It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!" — Mark Twain


                                          

2 comments:

  1. Decorating is always fun. The nest eggs turned out great!

    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Great minds think alike, check out the robin's eggs I made, using real eggs purchased at the grocery store, super easy.
    http://www.abbyjenkins.com/2011/03/diy-robins-egg.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you, so please feel free to leave a comment. If you enjoyed this post and are interested in keeping up with my blog, consider following me with Google friend connect or by email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...