Sunday

Vintage Doily Project

I am so ecstatic for Mad Men tonight! I have been so patient! I cannot believe it has been 17 months since the last season. I  cannot wait to see what Don Draper and Peggy Olson are up to!


But enough about television.....let me share a project I completed this weekend......




I had a few vintage doilies that I had been collecting and I thought that if framed, they would be sweet little accents to our bedroom. 


My doilies were very delicate and were quite yellowed, so I had to use a combination of Oxyclean and Woolite to brighten them up. 


I purchased two antique-style frames and picked up some acid free card stock to mount
them on.  Then, my sweet hubs hung one above each side table in our master bedroom. 


I am so pleased with the result and I am looking forward to my next project. I just bought one of these......   




Have you embellished one before? If so, please share a link to your project for some inspiration!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you, so please feel free to leave a comment. If you enjoyed this post and are interested in keeping up with my blog, consider following me with Google friend connect or by email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...